Thursday, June 5, 2014

Skiing in Japan for Chinese New Year


Chinese New Year is probably the biggest holiday in Singapore (even bigger than Christmas).  This year we got a long weekend so a group of friends and I went to Japan for a week to go skiing.  We went to Niseko which is on the island of Sapporo; well north of Tokyo.  Niseko is known for it's insane amount of snow, specifically powder.  It snowed every day we were there, sometimes up to 6'' over night.  

We had a lift pass that allowed us to go back and forth between 4 resorts on the mountain.  They were all interlinked at the top so we could ski a different resort during the day and still ski back to our chalet which was on the bottom of the Grand Hirafu resort.  I originally started the trip on skis but decided after a few days to switch to a snowboard which I was much more comfortable with.  The powder was absolutely amazing...so much so that it didn't hurt when I fell!

Niseko was full of great bars and restaurants too.  If I ever get the chance, I'd love to go back!

The view outside our window
Skiing through the trees
 

Fresh powder

Off one of my favorite runs through the trees, Blueberry


The girls dominating in beer pong
The girls after 3 pong wins in a row...2 games of wine pong and 1 game of Gin & Tonic pong.  Sorry boys...


The whole gang out at dinner

Bar hopping

No comments: