Ever since I moved to Asia, one of the items on my Asia bucket list was to go to Hong Kong for the Rugby 7's tournament. I had heard stories about this weekend and was determined to go see if before my time in Asia was over! This year in coincided with a friend's 30th birthday so it was a great weekend to go!
Friday night I got in late and met the group in Lan Kwai Fong which is a district of Hong Kong known for it's bar and club scene. I have never seen more people crammed in one place in my life. You could barely move to walk down the street...like a salmon swimming upstream...trying to fight the people taking Jell-O shots and shots out of large medical syringes in the street. It was quite the sight!
On Saturday we went to the rugby tournament and had to dress up in costumes as it's almost a mandatory rule (unspoken of course). Our group went as Minions from the Despicable Me movie. Our costumes were pretty tame compared to others we saw! They served alcohol in jugs which was convenient so we didn't have to keep running to the bar. It was a long day of rugby, i.e. drinking, but I'm glad I can say I went!
Sunday I did a bit of touristy stuff before going to the airport. I didn't get to see much of Hong Kong itself but enjoyed what I saw. I also saw some great places to go shopping but didn't have time to browse...I'll have to go back!
 |
| First night in Hong Kong in Lan Kawi Fong...so many people! |
 |
| Elevator selfie |
 |
| Mark with one round of drinks |
 |
| The rugby stadium |
 |
| The Minions |
 |
| Trying to do some sightseeing from The Peak, but it was too foggy :( |
 |
| Chinese herb shop - just like Chinatown in SF! |
No comments:
Post a Comment