Singapore's big event (also pretty much the one and only) of the year is the F1 race that takes place over a weekend in September. Because it is so hot in Singapore during the day, this is the only race of the year that takes place during the night when it is cooler. The track is through the middle of the city (think massive road closures and delays). The main race was on Sunday night but there were practice sessions Friday and Saturday. Friday night I had grandstand seats while Saturday night I was fortunate enough to be invited out on a boat in Marina Bay to watch. For the main race on Sunday, I avoided all the madness and watched the race at a bar near my apartment. For Singapore's only event a year, they sure do it right!
 |
| Friday night's view from the Bay Grandstands |
 |
| Marina Bay Sands from the boat |
 |
| My friends Julie, Shane and I on the boat |
 |
| Saturday night's view - the Singapore Flyer and track |
No comments:
Post a Comment