Wednesday, March 20, 2013

The Parents Came To Visit!

Hi Everyone - sorry for not posting anything in a while but I had a good excuse...the parental unit made an appearance in Singapore!  They came for a little over a week with the intent on 'helping me get settled in' which really meant 'two trips to Ikea, hanging pictures, building furniture, finding a hardware store, etc' and in between all that being tourists in Singapore!

Some highlights of things that we did:

Night Safari

Fire Breather Show at the Safari

Eating the famous Singaporean seafood, Chilli Crab, with my co-workers at Jumbo.  I should have taken before and after pictures...it was quite a messy meal and you could definitely tell where the Americans sat at the end!



Drinks on the 57th floor of the Marina Bay Sands Casino before going to see a Cirque du Soleil Show:



The drink with the foam was the 'best drink my Mom has ever had'

Sentosa and the S.E.A Aquarium - my dad was really looking forward to the aquarium as it bills itself as the 'World's Largest Aquarium' but it wasn't any better than the Monterey Bay Aquarium or the Academy of Sciences in San Francisco!






Stroll through Chinatown:

Half of the 'snake' that was decorating one of the main streets in Chinatown for Chinese New Year

It was so hot, they had to stop for a beer



But I think our favorite thing to do was to grab a bottle of wine and sit up on my roof in the evenings and watch the sun set, and the lights of the Central Business District / Marina Bay Sands turn on.

By Day...
By Night...
The light show at Marina Bay Sands
It was so nice to have my parents here and I wish that they could have stayed longer!  Can't wait to see them again over the summer when I go home.

I miss them tremendously!!!  XOXO



No comments: