Sunday, March 3, 2013

Less than 24 hours in Bangkok

I travelled to Bangkok last week for a work conference.  I was only there for one night so I didn't get to see much of the city...and I didn't even get to eat Thai food as it was standard hotel conference fare =(  Such a shame!  


I've heard stories about Bangkok traffic to and from the airport where cars are stopped for hours and luckily we didn't have to experience that.  Getting back to the freeway though out of the hotel was interesting...traffic laws don't apply in Thailand.  I didn't take this picture, but you get the gist...




The hotel that we stayed in was very nice and there was a great shopping mall next attached to it.  In this mall was an amazing grocery store and the prices in Thailand were much cheaper compared to Singapore!  Too bad I couldn't take more food back, but I was able to find my favorite Mentos gum to stock up on (shhh...don't tell the Singapore police).

Some pictures of the mall:




Complementary dragon fruit in my hotel room...

Until next time Bangkok!


No comments: