Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Singapore's Botanic Gardens

On my 4 day weekend for CNY, I managed to make a trip out to the Botanic Gardens.  It's a little oasis in the middle of the city...a la Kensington Park in London.  When I started walking through the park it was mostly sunny with some clouds and then within maybe 25 minutes, the sky turned black and it started pouring. 

I didn't truly believe people when they said that it could rain here; but after getting stuck in the park, I'm a believer.  When it rains, it pours!

The only refuge was at a restaurant in the middle of the park where I attempted to wait out the downpour.  An hour and an Irish Coffee later (why not?), it was still pouring, but I decided to make a run to the nearest bus station since it would have taken forever to try and get a taxi.  I finally made it back to my apartment soaking wet, but looking forward to heading back there when there isn't a cloud in the sky!

Here are some highlights from the Gardens:


There is an amphitheater in the distance where they'll have free concerts on weekends every now and then.


A few from the National Orchid Gallery.  They had about every different color of orchid you could imagine and a few of them were named for famous people (Princess Di, Nelson Mandela, etc).  I have no idea if these are some of those, but they were pretty!


No comments: