I hope everyone had a nice 4th of July back home! From everyone's pictures, the weather looked fantastic this year! I tried to celebrate America's birthday the best that I could in Asia. I had heard of an American BBQ place so I decided to go and get take out from there and then come back and eat dinner on the roof. My 'fireworks' turned out to be the Marina Bay Sands light show that they do every night and while it was at least something, it didn't compare to the real deal back home.
Surprisingly the BBQ was really good (decided on ribs) and next to the restaurant the owner has a liquor store stocked with American beers. While they didn't have any Coors Light, they did have Bud Light which was the first I've found here! Of course I had to stock up. They also had Gordon Biersch, Lagunitas, Sam Adams, etc. I'll definitely be back again!
Happy Singaporean 4th of July!
Decorations courtesy of Kari:
No comments:
Post a Comment