Hi Everyone! Sorry for the delay in not posting...seems to be a theme. I'll try and get better!
Anyways, the last few weeks have been pretty busy. I'm filling up my passport! I was invited to go play golf in Indonesia a few weekends ago with some clients. This was the first time I've played since October (life got a little busy after that) so needless to say I was a bit rusty. We went over to Bintan, Indonesia to play Bintan Lagoon Resort. To get over to the island, we had to take an hour long ferry ride out of Singapore. From there, it was resort golf at it's finest! We got off the ferry (didn't see our clubs until we were ready to play), then gave our passports to the resort lady for expedited immigration, boarded the shuttle to the course, and then it was time to play!
| Gotta watch out for the monkeys! They'll apparently steal anything they can - from sandwiches to cell phones! |
The course really reminded me of those in Hawaii - bermuda grass, hot and humid, the threat of rain. However, instead of shlepping my clubs around, we now had caddies! Mine was named 'Mega' and she was great. She could convert yardages from meters to yards on demand, knew how far I hit my clubs after a few holes and lined up putts with no problem. I should have had her in college!
| View from the clubhouse |
Anyways we got called off the course after 9 holes due to a thunderstorm (aka a mini hurricane) and then went back out after an hour delay and finished 13 holes. We made the 'signature' holes, 12 and 13, before rushing to catch our ferry back.
| Hole 12 |
| Hole 13 |
Despite not playing all that well (a fair amount of pars and then a few holes I'd like to forget), it was a great foray into golf in Asia. The resort offers memberships as well and they seem to be decently priced (compared to what is offered in Singapore) so I'm considering joining. I've been invited to join in on a possible ladies group that they're trying to put together, so who knows...I might be out there more often!
No comments:
Post a Comment